Eating a vegan diet doesn’t necessarily mean that you are getting in all the nutrients and vitamins you need on a daily/weekly basis. Smoothies (whichever color they may end up!) are a great way to pack a ton of nutrients into your body.
Below, I have shown you how to make two different green smoothies. I used a NutriBullet to blend mine, but any blender should do the trick!
The Green Smoothie
I love this smoothie, I would say I base most of my “green” smoothies off this recipe. It is really easy to swap the fruit and greens for your preference!
Perk: it doesn’t taste like you are eating liquid spinach and is a great thing to eat for breakfast!
You will need:
- 2 cups of kale or spinach (if I have both, I typically do 1/2 of each)
- 1 apple
- 1/2 cup mango (I used frozen mango)
- 1 banana
- 1 tbsp chia seeds, for extra health benefits and Omega-3’s!
- Enough water to blend (roughly about 1 cup)
- Chop up the apple small enough to blend, I usually cut it in about eight pieces
- Add all the ingredients to the blender and blend away! If it isn’t mixing well, add more water and continue.
*If the taste of the smoothie is too “salad-tasting” for you, add a bit of blueberries to help with the flavor!
Mint & Ginger Green Smoothie
The combination of mint and ginger creates such a great taste in your mouth, this is one of my favorite flavor combo’s. Just some of the benefits of ginger includes helping lower blood sugar, indigestion and menstrual pain!
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 2-4 tsp mint
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/2-1 cup kale
- 1-2 cups of water or almond milk
- Make sure the ginger is finely chopped or grated
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add mint for decoration!
*Almond milk creates a more creamy smoothie, but water helps keeps the caloric intake down!
Check out the NutriBullet I use here: